ONEIDA — The City of Oneida will begin flushing its water mains on Tuesday, Sept. 25, a process lasting four weeks, according to an announcement by department officials.
The City of Oneida’s Water Department flushes the water mains regularly to wash away the sediments that naturally settle at the bottom of the pipes, the announcement added.
The process usually begins in mid-September.
The Water Department’s 2018 flush schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, Sept. 25: Transmission main from Glenmore Reservoir in Annsville to Hogsback Road. Discolored water may be experienced in scattered areas, including Sherrill, Stockbridge, Wampsville, and Durhamville. Observe your water’s condition before using it for wash or drink.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2: Transmission main cleaning continues. Hogsback Road to the Lake Street Pump Station.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9: Lake Street, Rocky Road, Sconondoa Street, Wilson Street, East Walnut Street from Sconondoa to Arterial, Prospect Street, Devereaux, Verona Street, Gladwell Avenue, Harden Street, Bennett Road, Sherman Street, Williams Street, Almond Street, East Elm Street, East Railroad Street, North Main Street, Furnace Avenue, Northside Shopping Center.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10: West Elm Street, Liberty Street, Saint Joseph’s Place, North Broad Street, North Street, Allen Street, Chappell Street, Boston Street, McGuire Street, grand Street, Phillips Street, Randall Avenue, North Warner Street, West Railroad Street, Ridge Road, North Willow Street, Fitch Street, Ann Street, Garfield Avenue, Lenox Avenue from Willow Street to Geer Lane.
- Thursday, Oct. 11: Madison Street, Phelps Street, Cedar Street, James Street, Messenger Street, Vanderbilt Avenue, Farrier Avenue, South Warner Street, Lenox Avenue from Willow Street to Main Street, Main Street from Madison Street to Stone Street, Mott Street, Linden Street, Stoddard Street from Linden to Arterial, Lexington Avenue from Wilson Street to Mott Street.
- Friday, Oct. 12: Main Street from Stone Street to Genesee Street, East Walnut Street from Arterial to Main Street, East Avenue, Elizabeth Street, MacArthur Parkway, Pleasant Street, Stoddard Street from Arterial to Maple Street, Maple Street, Lexington Avenue from Mott Street to Elizabeth Street, Stevens Street, Bennett Street, Pearl Street, Wilbur Street, East Grove Street, Brooks Street, East Sands Street.
- Monday, Oct. 15: Broad Street, Washington Avenue, Stone Street from Main to Seneca Street, West Street, Loucks Street fro Washington to Lenox Avenue, Seneca Street from Stone to Route 5, Park Avenue, West Walnut Street, Bates Avenue, South Avenue, Drake Avenue, Belmont Avenue from Broad to Seneca, Tilden Street, Coe Avenue, Cottage Place, Broadway, Allen Park Place, Summit Avenue, Searles Avenue, Lynnburt Street, West Sands Street, West Grove Street, Jenkins Street, Shattuck Avenue, Maple Drive, Oneida High School.
- Tuesday, Oct. 16: Stone Street from Seneca to Willow, Loucks Street, Leonard Street, Graley Avenue, Earl Avenue, Oxford Street, Cleveland Avenue from Seneca to Willow, Lincoln Park Boulevard, Lincoln Avenue from Lincoln Park to Willow, Elmhurst Avenue, Grant Avenue, Florence Avenue, Sylvan Street, Franklin Street, Belmont Avenue from Seneca to Sylvan.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17: Stone Street from Willow to Lenox, Sayes Street, Cleveland Avenue from Willow to Sayles, Carpenter Street, Lincoln Avenue from Willow to Sayles, Birchwood Drive, Morgan Lane, Patio Circle, Sugar Lane, Valley View Drive, Huntvalley Road, Cedar Crest Land, Ryan’s Way, Stoneleigh Road, Driftwood Drive, Woodland Terrance, Willow Meadow Way, Willow Tree Terrace.
- Thuesday, Oct. 18: Lenox Avenue from Geer Lane to Genesee Street, Genesee Street, Lowes, Walmart, Hubbard Place, Upper Lenox Avenue, Oatman Drive, Palmer Drive, Deerfield Drive, Foxwood Terrace, Fultz Drive, Hagen Circle, LaRaia Medical Facility, Oneida Healthcare Center, Seneca Street Extension, Ames Plaza, HP Hood.
- Friday, Oct 19: Glenwood Avenue, Glenwood Circle, West Road, Fairview Avenue, Brophy Road, Mt. Hope, Union Street, Middle Road, Nelson Avenue, Maplewood Avenue, Village of White Pines, Territory Road, Peterboro Road, Freedom Drive.
- Monday, Oct. 22: Village of Oneida Castle, Skenandoah-Highbridge Water District, the trail, Prospect Street Water District, Marble Hill Water District.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23: The Village of Wampsville.
- Monday, Oct. 29: Town of Stockbridge and the Village of Munnsville.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30: Town of Stockbridge and the Village of Munnsville.
- Wednesday, Oct. 31: Town of Stockbridge and the Village of Munnsville.