Utility wire catches roof on fire at Mustang Drive apartments

Posted

ROME — The residents of an apartment building on Mustang Drive in Rome were temporarily displaced Tuesday afternoon when a utility wire caught fire on the roof, according to the Rome Fire Department.

Fire Chief Thomas Iacovissi said the entrance cable to the apartment building at 1000 Mustang Drive had likely worn down against the metal roof over time and caught fire. The alarm was raised to 911 at 2:05 p.m. Tuesday and city firefighters responded.

“It was out within minutes,” the chief said, noting that there was minimal damage to the roof. No one was injured, authorities said.

According to city tax records, the property is owned by C.A. Kaplan Real Estate. Officials at Kaplan said Thursday morning that the building is reopened to residents.

Comments

No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here