A Rome teenager recently charged with attempted robbery in Utica is now also facing charges for a domestic dispute in Rome, according to law enforcement officials.
Police said on July 31, Wilfredo Cotto, 18, of West Dominick Street, and two other Rome men attempted to rob a man in Utica at gunpoint.
Police said several gunshots were fired before the three men fled the scene.
Police said at about 10 a.m. Aug. 17, Cotto was involved in a domestic dispute with an ex-girlfriend in Rome.
Police said the ex let him into her home to collect his belongings, despite an order of protection filed against him.
Police said Cotto broke dishes, punched a hole in a wall and slapped the woman.
Cotto and the other two men from the Utica robbery were taken into custody by Utica Police last week, with Cotto charged with attempted first-degree robbery, authorities stated.
Once in custody for the robbery, Rome Police charged Cotto for the domestic dispute with one count each of second-degree harassment, second-degree contempt and fourth-degree mischief, the law enforcement authorities stated.
Cotto is scheduled to appear in both Utica and Rome city