Statewide COVID-19 positivity rate is 13.30%
There were 185 COVID-19-related deaths across New York on Wednesday and the statewide seven-day average positivity rate was measured at 13.30%, according to a Thursday release from Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office.
In a daily statement, Hochul noted, "Even as the rate of new cases continues to move in a promising direction we must remain vigilant against the winter surge … While we are prepared to deal with whatever comes our way using the tools we know are effective, it will take a concerted effort on the part of every New Yorker to beat this pandemic. Continue to encourage all your friends and loved ones to get the vaccine if they haven't already, get the booster dose, and wear a mask until we finally get through this."
• In Oneida County, Wednesday brought 518 new positive cases of COVID-19 and no new virus-related deaths, according to county data.
The county’s infection positivity rate was 13.1%.
There were 77 county residents hospitalized due to the virus, 29 were unvaccinated and 48 were vaccinated. There were 52 hospitalized at Mohawk Valley Health System, nine at Rome Health and 16 outside the county.
• On Thursday, there were 107 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Madison County, according to data released by the county. There were no new virus-related deaths.
There were 309 active cases and 14 current virus-related hospitalizations.
COVID-19 information links
• New York State’s COVID-19 data has been collected in one online spot at: https://on.ny.gov/3rw82oG
• In Oneida County, vaccine appointments and walk-ins are available at county-operated sites. To book an appointment, visit www.ocgov.net.
• Scheduling a vaccine appointment can also be completed at: vaccines.gov.
• COVID-19 case numbers and vaccination rates are available on Oneida County’s online Dashboard at: https://bit.ly/3A85tLp
• To see COVID-19 information for Madison County, visit: https://on.ny.gov/3je8vr0
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here