On Sunday, there were 32 COVID-19-related deaths reported across the state and by Monday, the statewide average virus infection rate was measured at 2.95% according to a release from Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office.
On Monday, Oneida County data released for the period of Sept. 17 to 19 showed 258 new cases and seven COVID-19 related deaths.
There were 48 Oneida County residents hospitalized (28 unvaccinated/20 vaccinated) with 32 at Mohawk Valley Health System, five at Rome Health and 11 out of the county.
"Though we continue to make progress in our fight against COVID, it is important to take precautions to ensure the variants don't take us backward," Hochul said in a statement. "Wash your hands, wear a mask and if you have yet to do so, get your vaccination. These measures, the vaccine especially, are the best way to keep yourselves and your loved ones safe."
COVID-19 information links
• In Oneida County, vaccine appointments and walk-ins are available at county-operated sites. To book an appointment, visit www.ocgov.net.
• Scheduling a vaccine appointment can also be completed at: vaccines.gov.
• COVID-19 case numbers and vaccination rates are available on Oneida County’s online Dashboard at: https://bit.ly/3A85tLp
• To see COVID-19 information for Madison County, visit: https://on.ny.gov/3je8vr0
• The New York State Department of Health offers statewide information on COVID-19 at: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov