Sign-up for May Food $en$e
Registration for the May Food $en$e program — open to everyone regardless of income — will be held in Rome, Town of Lee, Camden, Holland Patent, and Oneida.
Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate. There are no income guidelines. The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased. There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Sign-ups are scheduled at:
• Those participating in the Town of Lee program can place orders Friday, April 29, from 1 to 3 p.m.; and Saturday, May 7, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Lake Delta Fire Department, 8508 Elmer Hill Road.
Orders may be picked up on Friday, May 27, from 1 to 3 p.m. For more information, call 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
• Rome registration will be held at Redeemer Church, 129 N. Washington St., across from City Hall, on April 29, between 1 and 3 p.m. Parking in the City Hall’s lot will be available.
• Those in the Camden area who wish to participate should contact Stephenie at 315-795-9378.
• The Holland Patent program is hosted by Foothills Rural Community Ministry, Presbyterian Church (across from the park just off Route 365). Registration is Friday, April 29, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or Saturday, April 30, between 10 and 11 a.m. The food may be picked up between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Friday, May 27, or from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, May 28. (Frozen foods will be kept in a freezer for the Saturday pickup).
• Karing Kitchen, 116 West Grove St., Oneida, is accepting orders by appointment only — call 315-280-0869.
The May package includes ground beef, loop kielbasa, chicken leg meat, breaded fish portions, hot dogs, pork and beans, pasta salad, applesauce, frozen green beans, corn and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which may be purchased in addition to the package or separately, are:
-Chicken Nuggets, 2 lbs. for $5.50: fully-cooked and are ready for the oven or fryer
-American Cheese, 5 lbs. for $13: sliced cheese, not individually wrapped
-French Fries, 5 lbs. for $5.50: ready to cook and can be used in the oven or fryer
-Pantry Box, 10 items for $12: pancake mix (32 oz.), toasted oats cereal (12 oz.), white rice (1 lb.), mac and cheese (7.25 oz.), canned chicken (5 oz.), spaghetti with meat (15 oz.), peanut butter (18 oz.), strawberry jelly (19 oz.), pears (15 oz.), and peas (15 oz.)
-Italian Meatballs, 5 lbs. for $14.50: fully-cooked and are in a five-pound bag
-Tilapia Fillets, 1 lb. for $4.50: individually quick frozen
-Philly Cheese Hot Pockets, 12/8 oz. sandwiches for $22: contains 12 sandwiches per special
On the net
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here