Sign-up for April Food $en$e
Registration for the April Food $en$e program — open to everyone regardless of income — will be held in Rome, Town of Lee, Camden, Holland Patent, and Oneida. Food $en$e is a discount food …
Sign-up for April Food $en$e
Registration for the April Food $en$e program — open to everyone regardless of income — will be held in Rome, Town of Lee, Camden, Holland Patent, and Oneida.
Food $en$e is a discount food program provided by the Central New York Food Bank. Everyone is welcome to participate. There are no income guidelines. The $20.50 per unit cost is payable at the time of registration by cash or food stamps. Multiple units can be purchased.
There are also extras which can be purchased with or without the basic unit. Sign-ups are scheduled at:
• Those participating in the Town of Lee program can place orders Friday, March 25, from 1 to 3 p.m.; and Saturday, April 9, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Lake Delta Fire Department, 8508 Elmer Hill Road.
Orders may be picked up on Friday, April 29, from 1 to 3 p.m. For more information, call 315-336-0742 or 315-358-4150.
• Rome registration will be held at Redeemer Church, 129 N. Washington St., across from City Hall, on March 25, between 1 and 3 p.m. Parking in the City Hall’s lot will be available.
• Those in the Camden area who wish to participate should contact Stephenie at 315-795-9378.
• The Holland Patent program is hosted by Foothills Rural Community Ministry, Presbyterian Church (across from the park just off Route 365).
Registration is Friday, March 25, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or Saturday, March 26, between 10 and 11 a.m. The food may be picked up between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Friday, April 29, or from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 30. (Frozen foods will be kept in a freezer for the Saturday pickup).
• Karing Kitchen, 116 West Grove St., Oneida, is accepting orders by appointment only — call 315-280-0869.
The April package includes chicken breast portions, Italian meatballs, Italian sausage, veal patties, cheese ravioli, pepperoni pizza poppers, mozzarella cheese, parmesan bread crumbs, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes and two fresh produce items.
Specials, which may be purchased in addition to the package or separately, are:
Lobster bites, 15 oz. for $5: can be deep-fried or baked in the oven
Chicken tenderloins, 3 lbs. for $11.50: individually quick frozen
Mozzarella sticks, 3 lbs. for $10.50: pre-cooked and ready for the oven
Pork ribs, 4.5 lbs (avg.) for $10: St. Louis Style spare ribs
Meatloaf, 2 lbs. for $10.50: traditional meatloaf made with 100% ground beef
Produce Box, 11 lbs for 15, includes: apples (3 lbs.), carrots (1 lb.), celery (1 sleeve), cucumber (1 each), grape tomatoes (1 pint), mushrooms (8 oz.), pineapple (1 each), onions (2 lbs.) and mini sweet peppers (1 lb.).
Vegetable lasagna, 6 lbs for $18: family-sized and a Stouffers’ product.
On the net
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here