1. Copper City Community Connection, 305 E. Locust St., will host a presentation from Nunn’s Home Medical Equipment at 1 p.m. Monday, July 15. Nunn’s will discuss how much insurances will pay for the various items as well as affordable health care needs. Register in the office or call 315-337-8230 to make a reservation.
2. On Monday, July 15, the Utica Zoo will hold its annual Member Appreciation Night and Annual Meeting from 5-7 p.m. The members only event is held every year as a way to show appreciation to Utica Zoo members. This year, the Utica Zoo welcomes Remsen Social Club to provide entertainment, while The Association of Zoos and Aquariums President and CEO, Dan Ashe, will be making the trek from AZA Headquarters in Maryland as the keynote speaker.
For information about this, or anything Utica Zoo related, visit UticaZoo.org.
3. Craobh Dugan, the local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, will hold a traditional Irish music session at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 16 at Stockdale’s, located at 103 River St.
The session is free and open to all musicians who play acoustic traditional instrument such as fiddle, guitar, pennywhistle, accordion, mandolin and tenor banjo. Spectators are welcome.
4. The Rome Police Department’s annual Law Enforcement Day will be held on Wednesday, July 17, at Franklyn’s Field, and will feature live demonstrations from K-9 officers and the department’s SWAT team. The 9th annual event is free and open to the public. It will take place from 4 to 10 p.m. There will be a free fireworks show at dusk.
5. With the first show sold out, the Turning Stone Resort Casino added a second Reba McEntire show to its summer concert lineup on Thursday, July 18, at 8 p.m.
McEntire will now perform at the Turning Stone on both Thursday, July 18 and Friday, July 19. Tickets for the July 18 show in the Turning Stone Event Center are on sale at the Turning Stone Box Office (in person or by phone at 877.833.SHOW), and online at Ticketmaster. Prices range from $69.50 to $139.
6. The 46th annual World Series of Bocce will be held from Thursday, July 18 to Sunday, July 21. at the Toccolana Club, located at 1412 E. Dominick St.
The event is open to the public with free admission and free parking. Opening ceremonies begin on Thursday at 5 p.m. Competitors from all over the country will compete.
7. The fifth annual Pirates Weekend will be held from Thursday, July 18 to Sunday, July 21.
Festivities will begin Thursday evening with the Pirate Invasion in the Park at 5:30 p.m. Mayor Gregory Horan will officially sanction Pirates Weekend by raising the pirate flag over at the bandstand. There will also be activities held throughout the village.
At 5:45 p.m. pirates will conduct the official Pirate Kidnapping of a local celebrity who will be held for ransom. Proceeds benefit Sylvan Beach Volunteer Fire Dept.
Various entertainment will also be featured at several venues and local businesses.