1. Clark Mills American Legion Auxiliary Post 26, 7683 Main St., will host a Buffet Breakfast fund-raiser from 8-11 a.m. Sunday, March 10.
Cost is $9 for adults; $8 for children; $5 for children ages 5-12; and those age 5 and younger are free. Take-outs will be available. Proceeds will benefit auxiliary projects.
2. The Rome Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will present Cat Video Fest on Sunday, March 10 at 2:30 p.m.
The Capitol will be partnering with the Rome-based R-Cats program, and will be collecting donations of food, treats, litter, and other cat items during Cat Video Fest.
Admission is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors, students and military, $5 for Capitol Friends, and $3 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
3. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life will kick off its new fundraising season with an event from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 12 at the Delta Lake Inn on Fish Hatchery Road.
The community is invited to come out and learn more about the Relay For Life movement and how they can help the American Cancer Society attack cancer in the community.
4. The Rome Academy of Sciences will host a presentation for “An overview of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Safety” on Wednesday, March 13 at 7:30 p.m. at Rome Memorial Hospital, 1500 N. James St., in the second-floor classroom.
The speaker will be Craig Pole, a Rome Hospital supervisor. The meeting is open to the public
5. The Hamilton College Choir and College Hill Singers will present a concert on Wednesday, March 13, at 7:30 p.m., in Wellin Hall on the Hamilton College campus.
Under the direction of Danan Tsan, the Choir and College Hills Singers will sing a selection of choral works from around the world. This concert is free and open to the public. For more information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts.
6. Guitarist, singer and songwriter Zlatko Grozl of Oneida, will perform a free concert of his original songs, cover favorites and popular tunes from his native Bosnia at Oneida Public Library at 7 p.m., Thursday, March 14.
Zlatko Grozl is a “multi-instrumentalist” who has performed locally at the Palace Theater, Maxwells and Funk’n Waffles in Syracuse as well as at the Stanley, Wakely’s and the Tramontane Café in Utica.
The concert at the Oneida Public Library is free and open to the public. For more information, stop by the Oneida Library, 220 Broad St., or call 315-363-3050.
7. The Utica St. Patrick’s Day Parade will step off at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 16 and run along Genesee Street.
This year’s parade will include more than 120 marching units consisting of pipe bands The Mohawk Valley Frasers, Syracuse Scottish Pipe Band, Emerald City Pipe Band and the Finger Lakes Pipe Band; fire departments; radio and television stations; non-profits; business groups and politicians.
Returning this year to the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is the “Mad Mile,” a one mile running race which will immediately precede the parade down Genesee Street. The “Mad Mile” race is being sponsored by the Sneaker Store in New Hartford.