Are you in a battle? Coming out of a battle? Going into a battle?
(2 Chronicles 20:14-20)
1. Do not fear! vs. 15 “…Be not afraid…” This is God speaking — 385 times in the KJV the word fear is mentioned 62 times the Bible says, “Fear not.” There is a “fear not” for every second of time. Twenty-six times the KJV makes reference to “Be not afraid.”
Fear will never change your circumstances. Fear is the opposite of faith. Fear will never conquer the enemy.
God speaks to his children over and over again in the Word and He says:
Ish. 41:10 Fear not for I am with you
Ish. 41:13 Fear not for I will help you
Isa 43:1 Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
Lu 12:7 Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Fear is false evidence appearing real.
2. Do not be dismayed! vs. 15 “…nor dismayed…”
This word God is speaking to us when we are in the midst of the battle means: Don’t be stressed out, don’t be distraught, don’t be in tears, don’t be troubled, and don’t be concerned!
Isa 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
3. The battle isn’t yours! vs. 15 “…for the battle isn’t yours, but mine.” Little shepherd boy David who took out the giant Goliath, knew this and said in 1 Sam. 17:47 “And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give you into our hands.”
4. Position yourself! vs. 17 “…Set yourself…” Where is our position? Where should we be positioning ourselves? We should be headed straight at the enemy’s location. We should take our place on the front line. Vs. 17 tells us if and when we take our place on the front line that we will not need to fight in this battle.
5. Remain in your position! vs. 17 “…stand still…” If you leave the fight, if you leave your position, you will never see or taste the victory. When you have done all...Ephesians 6 says, STAND!
6. Watch God Work! vs. 17 “…and see the salvation of the Lord…” Miracles will begin to happen. God is working on your behalf. We won’t have to talk about the work God used to do.
7. Face the enemy with confidence! vs. 17 “…tomorrow go out against them; for the Lord will be with you.”
We shouldn’t be cocky or arrogant, but we can be confident and sure. Why? Because He is with you. Over 7000 times in the Word when he speaks, he speaks prophetically!
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. What do you mean? God believes His word more than you and I do. When He speaks it He believes it.
Example: Tell your kids to go to bed, they don’t, why? Because they don’t believe your word as much as you do.
God speaks to us prophetically these seven things in the midst of our battles. He believes them. Why don’t we?
Remember stinking thinking turns into sinking thinking. You are an overcomer. God said it, you are the head and not the tail, So believe it. God loves you so very much and so do I.