On Wednesday, there were 39 COVID-19-related deaths across New York, and the seven day statewide average infection positivity rate was measured at 2.90%, according to information from Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office.
The positivity rate for the Mohawk Valley is 6.14%.
Officials continue the call for vaccination.
"We continue to closely watch the numbers across the state and while we keep our eyes open for any shifting trends, one thing that hasn't changed is this: the vaccine is our best weapon against COVID-19," Hochul said in a statement. "New Yorkers have showed the nation and the world how to beat back this virus time and time again. Now all we have left to do is make sure everyone, our children included, is getting the shot so we can end this pandemic for good."
On Thursday, Oneida County offices were closed due to Veterans Day, and so Wednesday’s COVID-19 numbers were not available. Numbers for Wednesday and Thursday will be combined in the county’s Friday daily data release.
COVID-19 Information Links
• New York State’s COVID-19 data has been collected in one online spot at: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-data-new-york
• In Oneida County, vaccine appointments and walk-ins are available at county-operated sites. To book an appointment, visit www.ocgov.net.
• Scheduling a vaccine appointment can also be completed at: vaccines.gov.
• COVID-19 case numbers and vaccination rates are available on Oneida County’s online Dashboard at: https://bit.ly/3A85tLp
• To see COVID-19 information for Madison County, visit: https://on.ny.gov/3je8vr0