RFD, sheriff’s deputies respond to faulty alarm at county courthouse

Posted

Rome Fire Department and sheriff’s deputies responded to an alarm at Oneida County Courthouse Friday afternoon that turned out to be a faulty smoke detector.

Deputies said the alarm was raised at 12:45 p.m. for 302 N. James St. and upon arrival, they made sure everyone was evacuated from the building. Firefighters went inside to investigate and determined there was a faulty smoke detector located in the main lobby.

The building was cleared for re-entry and a maintenance crew repaired the alarm, deputies said.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment