Residents flee flames at Bloomfield Gardens

Posted

Residents from three apartments at Bloomfield Gardens have been displaced after a fire on a stove Thursday morning, according to city fire officials.

Authorities said one first-floor tenant was using her stove top at about 9:45 a.m. when she left the kitchen and visited a neighboring apartment for several minutes. When the woman returned, authorities said she discovered that flames had erupted on the stove and caught her kitchen cabinets on fire.

Three apartments were evacuated and the Rome Fire Department responded to knock down the flames in less than 10 minutes, officials said.

No one was injured, authorities said. The fire damage was contained to the kitchen of that one room, and the floor of the apartment directly above that kitchen, officials stated.

At least three apartments in total sustained smoke damage, with the Red Cross assisting at least three tenants, officials said.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment