Several drug take back events to be held this week
Several drug take back events will be held this week in Camden, Verona Beach and Utica for people to safely turn in their used and expired medications.
The events will be hosted by the Oneida County Sheriff's Office, the Utica Police Department and the Center for Family Life and Recovery. These are drive through events so if you have medications to turn in, you do not need to get out of their vehicle.
• Wednesday, April 27 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Millstream Apartments on Masonic Avenue in Camden.
• Wednesday, April 27 from noon to 2 p.m. at 50 Forward on Route 13 in Verona Beach.
• Thursday, April 28 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Schuyler Commons on Independence Square in Utica.
• Thursday, April 28 from noon to 2 p.m. at the Parkway Center on Memorial Parkway in Utica.
• Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Union Station on Railroad Street in Utica.
According to the federal Drug Enforcement Administration, the nationwide take back program was designed to help people safely dispose of their old medications rather than let them fall into the wrong hands. When old drugs are thrown away or flushed down the toilet, they can become a potential environmental health risk, authorities added.
Pet medications are also accepted. The event does not include the collection of needles or liquids.
If you are unable to make this week's events, many locations and law enforcement agencies have drug drop-off bins all year round.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here