CITY OF ONEIDA — Two Rome residents were charged with drug possession in the City of Oneida late last month, according to law enforcement officials.
Jerrode V. Johnson Jr., 26, and Nia D. Florenzan, 21, both of Rome, were charged following a traffic stop in Oneida on July 27, police stated. Johnson and Florenzan are both charged with one count each of third and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance and second-degree unlawful possession of marijuana, police said.
Johnson is additionally charged with one count each of speeding, improper plates, uninspected motor vehicle, suspended registration and broken glass, police stated. The pair were arraigned in City Court and were each released on their own recognizance. They are scheduled to reappear in court.
• Adnan Dedic, 19, of Lowell Road, Westmoreland, was charged on July 30 with driving while ability impaired by drugs, unlawful possession of marijuana and failure to stop for a stop sign, police stated.
• Daniel M. Race, 37, of Highland Avenue, Rome, was charged on July 24 with one count of seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance.
• Nihada Sabanagic, 26, of Arlington Road, Utica, was charged on Aug. 7 with seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of marijuana and inadequate stop lamps.
• John J. Whaley, 44, and Steven J. Hirsch, 33, both of West Railroad Street, Oneida, were both charged on Aug. 6 with seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance and fourth-degree possession of a weapon, police said. Whaley was additionally charged with one count of second-degree possession of marijuana.
• Nathaniel X. Walker, 26, of Lenox Avenue, Oneida, was charged on Aug. 4 with one count each of second-degree harassment, second-degree contempt, petty larceny and resisting arrest.
• Karen A. Tarry, 53, of Farrier Avenue, Oneida, was charged with second-degree harassment, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.