One hospitalized following kitchen fire in Utica


One person was hospitalized following a kitchen fire on Rudolph Place in Utica Wednesday night, according to city fire officials.

The Utica Fire Department said the fire started on the stove in a first-floor apartment at about 6:22 p.m., then spread to the cabinets around the stove and into the walls.

Two residents lived on the first floor and were able to escape.

Fire officials said one of those residents suffered smoke inhalation and was treated at a local hospital.

A second floor resident also escaped the home without injury.

Firefighters launched an interior attack and officials said the flames were quickly doused.

Officials said the fire damage was contained to the area around the stove, both on the first and second floors.

The fire officials added that there was extensive smoke and water damage throughout the residence.


No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here