Return home

One displaced from apartment fire in Rome

Posted 12/2/22

One person has been displaced after a candle caused a fire on the fourth floor of Colonial Apartments early Thursday morning, according to the Rome Fire Department.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

One displaced from apartment fire in Rome

Posted

ROME — One person has been displaced after a candle caused a fire on the fourth floor of Colonial Apartments early Thursday morning, according to the Rome Fire Department.

Fire officials said fire was visible in a fourth-story window at the Cottage Street apartment complex when they arrived on the scene, following an alarm at 5:26 a.m. Thursday. The single occupant, an adult male, was not home at the time, authorities stated. Crews launched an interior attack and knocked down the fire in the fourth-floor apartment in a matter of minutes.

Crews then remained on the scene to ventilate the smoke from the fourth floor.

The fire was deemed accidental, officials said, and was likely caused by a candle in the apartment. The smoke detectors were activated.

No one was injured, authorities noted.

Comments

No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here