Several personnel promotions and new appointments were announced by Mohawk Valley Community College. Among them:
• Melissa Copperwheat was appointed as Associate Dean of Nursing and Health Development in the Health Professions Department. She has been with MVCC in several capacities since 2007: Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Nursing Instructor, Associate Professor of Nursing, Second Year Clinical Coordinator, and interim Associate Dean since 2017.
• Suzanne Neary was appointed as Registration Specialist; she will be a liaison with the Office of the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs for processes affecting catalog changes, registration, and transfer credits. Among prior positions, she was director of International Programs and Services at SUNY Purchase; international student coordinator at Norwich University in Vermont; assistant director of Global Education and International Admissions at Keuka College; and assistant director of International Education at SUNY Fredonia.
• Debra Edick was named a Distinguished Retiree in recognition of outstanding years of service to MVCC.
• Promoted to professor was Kyle Lince.
• Promoted to associate professor were Eileen Bush; Joann DeTraglia; Dayton Elseth; Michael Faitell; Aaron Fried; Alexander Haines-Stephan; Anna Radlowski; Erin Severs.
• Promoted to assistant professor were Walter Constantini; Sean Davis; Karen Getman; Lori Hughes.