Man wanted in Utica murder is nabbed in Rome

Posted

A 33-year-old Utica man was taken into custody in Rome on Monday, accused of attempting to kill another man in Utica last week.

Police said a man was shot in the 900 block of Elizabeth St. in Utica at about 5:20 p.m. May 27. Following an investigation, police said they were able to identify 33-year-old Robert Stephens as the gunman.

Stephens was located in Rome on Monday and was taken into custody, authorities said.

Stephens is charged with one count each of attempted second-degree murder and second-degree possession of a weapon, police stated.

He is scheduled to appear in court to face the charges, the authorities added.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment