Return home

Rome man accused of threatening to shoot, kill several people

Posted 1/12/22

A Rome man is accused of threatening to shoot and kill several people in the city last month — one of two separate incidents that led to multiple warrants against him, according to the Rome Police …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Rome man accused of threatening to shoot, kill several people

Posted

A Rome man is accused of threatening to shoot and kill several people in the city last month — one of two separate incidents that led to multiple warrants against him, according to the Rome Police Department.

Authorities said Rafael Mulero-Aponte, 44, of Expense Street, was the subject of a noise complaint by a former neighbor in the 900 block of W. Dominick St. at about 9:15 p.m. Jan. 4, 2021. When officers responded to the complaint, police said the neighbor came outside and started cursing at Mulero-Aponte.

Police said Mulero-Aponte grabbed a small, bat-like object and struck the neighbor in the back of the legs. A warrant was issued for Mulero-Aponte.

On Dec. 11, 2021, police said Mulero-Aponte made a Facebook Live video in which he threatened the lives of a different person and their family.

Police said Mulero-Aponte was then a passenger in a vehicle that pulled up at the other person’s home.

Police said Mulero-Aponte waved a handgun out the window and threatened to kill everyone at the home, before driving off.

Another warrant was issued for Mulero-Aponte. Police said he was picked up on both warrants on Jan. 7.

Mulero-Aponte is charged with one count each of second-degree assault and second-degree harassment for the incident from January 2021, and is charged with second-degree menacing for the incident with the gun in December, police stated.

He is scheduled to appear in Rome City Court, the authorities added.

Comments

No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here