Levitt AMP Utica Music Series is back at Kopernik Park
UTICA — The Levitt AMP Utica Music Series, 10 weeks of free, family-friendly outdoor concerts, return Monday, June 20, and continue through Aug. 29. The concerts take place from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays at Kopernik Park, 317 Genesee St., at the corner of Eagle Street and Park Avenue near DeSales. Admission is free.
The 2022 season will feature headlining artists from New Orleans, Nashville, Chicago, Iowa, Virginia, Rhode Island, Canada and New York. The concerts also feature opening local and regional acts and youth intermission acts. The diverse lineup of high-caliber talent spans genres like pop, soul, country, R&B, hip hop and more.
The lineup is:
• June 20: The New Respects from Nashville, pop/soul/rock, with opening act Ladies of Soul and their Gentlemen. The New Respects have been named the Levitt Foundation’s National Touring Band for 2022.
• June 27: Roberta Lea from Virginia, country, with opening act J. Schnitt.
• July 11: B2wins from Iowa, instrumental, with opening act Filled to the Brim.
• July 18: Argonaut & Wasp of Brooklyn, Indie/alternative, with opening act The Rollin’ Rust.
• July 25: Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble from New Orleans, zydeco, with opening act Soundbarrier.
• Aug. 1: Bassel & the Supernaturals from Chicago, soul/R&B, with opening act The Lower Tolpa.
• Aug. 8: The Big Takeover Band from the Hudson Valley, pop/reggae, with opening act Uncle Charlie and the Meatballs.
• Aug. 15: Miranda Writes of New York City, hip hop, with opening acts Nazzy and Leeky XIV.
• Aug. 22: Ariel Posen from Winnepeg, Canada, rock/Electric Americana, with opening act Cait Devin.
• Aug. 29: Eh Shawnee from Providence, Rhode Island, Latin/salsa, with opening act Zz Trio.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here