Kitchen fire displaces four on East Dominick Street


No one was injured after a kitchen fire above the Clover restaurant on East Dominick Street Sunday afternoon, according to officials with the Rome Fire Department.

Deputy Fire Chief David L. Gratch said a resident in one of the second-floor apartments left a pan of grease unattended on the stove at about 1:30 p.m., at 287 E. Dominick St.

The pan ignited and flames jumped to kitchen cabinets, the deputy chief said.

Smoke alarms in the building activated and the property owner used an extinguisher to knock down most of the flames, but they sparked back up by the time fire crews arrived, authorities said.

Firefighters used another extinguisher to knock down the flames for good.

No one was injured in the fire.

Three residents in the apartment, and one resident in a neighboring apartment, have been displaced.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment