Genesis Group announces wide array of projects, events and programs
The Genesis Group has announced several upcoming programs and events.
Genesis Group announces wide array of projects, events and programs
The Genesis Group has announced several upcoming programs and events with the goal “to continue to bring together individuals and organizations who are dedicated to creating positive change, and helping to offer a way forward,” according to Raymond J. Durso, Jr., the organization’s president and CEO.
These projects, events and programs include:
• Genesis Group 22nd Annual Meeting and Luncheon — Noon, Thursday, Oct. 13, at Hart’s Hill Inn, 135 Clinton St., Whitesboro. The cost to attend is $30 per person. Reservations can be made online at the website www.TheGenesisGroup.org. At the meeting, the Genesis Group will offer a report to the community and highlight its progress and accomplishments of the last year.
The Genesis Group invited county leaders to participate in a new series called “A Way Forward.” Panelists include: Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr.; Otsego County Board Chairman David Bliss; and Herkimer County Legislative Chairman Vincent “Jim” Bono. Each official will offer their vision for “a way forward” for their county - and for the region.
The organization will also present the Joseph R. Carucci Legacy Award, given each year to an individual who exemplifies the same dedication that Joe had for our community. This year’s recipients include: Dr. Randall Van Wagoner, Juanita Bass, Raymond Lenarcic and Keith Fenstemacher.
• The 15th Annual Regional Healthcare Recognition — Noon, Thursday, Oct. 27, at Hart’s Hill Inn. The event will include a panel discussion with area health care CEO’s: Darlene Stromstad, Mohawk Valley Health System; AnnMarie Czyz, Rome Health; Dr. Tommy Ibrahim, Bassett Healthcare; and Jonathon Schiller, Oneida Health. The panelists will discuss how their organizations are adapting to conduct business and deliver services. The cost is $25 per person and reservations can be made online at www.TheGenesisGroup.org.
Applications for healthcare recognition are being accepted and should be submitted by Friday, Oct. 14, by email at info@TheGenesisGroup.org, by fax at (315) 797-1280 or by mail to: The Genesis Group, 100 Seymour Rd., Utica, NY 13502.
• 16th Annual Celebration of Education — 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 17, at Hart’s Hill Inn. Nominations of outstanding educators or programs that are positively impacting our students, schools, colleges and the community are being accepted. Submit application by Friday, Oct. 21st by email at info@TheGenesisGroup.org, by fax at 315-797-1280 or by mail to The Genesis Group, 100 Seymour Rd., Utica, NY 13502.
Distinguished Service Honorees are: John Salerno, Suzanne Carvelli, Alane Varga and Russell Stewart. Members of the Class of 2022 Hall of Distinction Inductees are: Martha Group, Michael Deuel and Mary Ann Carroll.
• Survey of employee recruitment and retention in the Mohawk Valley — The Genesis Group Data Analytics Task Force and John Zogby Strategies have unveiled a new survey to help study employee recruitment and retention.
“Over the past two years the recruitment and retention
landscape across the country has changed dramatically. While this is truly a widespread problem, the solutions required to overcome these issues are going to necessitate local or regional input and ideas,” the Genesis Group has announced.
“Before we can start to provide potential solutions, we need to better understand how this ‘hiring crisis’ has affected the Mohawk Valley.”
“The survey (results) will provide us with the necessary data to begin the process of moving beyond the current crisis and help to position the Mohawk Valley to be at its most competitive with regard to the recruitment and retention of talented employees,” the announcement adds.
To participate in the initiative, access the survey online at https://www.research.net/r/VGT7GDR?d=[d_value].
• New Drone Education Program — “With guidance and support children as young as 10 years old can engage in an entry-level study of drones that can evolve into a serious study or career in technology, aviation, programming, science, mathematics, and more, helping to fill the STEM pipeline,” the Genesis Group said, adding that it is working with local partners to bring drone camp experiences to local youth.
“We are excited to offer this worthy program to area students. We are even more honored to have Maria and Jeff Smith as our coordinators. Their experience and willingness to conduct these drone camps is a benefit to area schools as well as the community,” Raymond J. Durso, Jr., Genesis Group president and CEO.
Maria Smith, Genesis Drone Education Coordinator said, “By participating in the Genesis drone camps students don’t just work with an interesting technology, they also learn many transferable skills. These include team work, planning, problem solving, and the satisfaction of meeting success. Students work with experts to build drones, program and fly them manually, learn the science of flight and how drones are used commercially, in emergency response, and recreationally. Safe operation in accordance with FAA rules are emphasized.”
To schedule a drone camp for your school or college,
contact Maria Smith by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Genesis Group Literacy Education Program — “I look forward to working with Co-Chairs John Reale and Roxanne Mutchler to establish this new program,” Durso said. “We will reach out to local and statewide partners to establish a program that will benefit area children and adults. September is National Literacy Month....and Genesis is pleased to offer this very worthy program.
• The Mohawk Valley’s Alliance of Chambers of Commerce and Affiliate Partners — a committee of The Genesis Group — will host a pair of upcoming events. The first event, to take place at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 25, is a meet and greet with area candidates at Hart’s Hill Inn. The second event, to take place at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 15, is a CEO Round Table with Area Business Leaders. Additional information on both events will be released.
The purpose of the Mohawk Valley’s Alliance of Chambers of Commerce and Affiliate Partners is to address regional concerns of the Mohawk Valley business community.
The Alliance includes Chambers of Commerce from Boonville, Camden, Clinton, Fulton Montgomery, Greater Oneida, Herkimer County, Kuyahoora Valley, Marcy, New Hartford, Otsego County, Rome Area and Trenton. Affiliate Partners include: Center for Leadership Excellence, Destination Marketing Corp. for Otsego County, Mohawk Valley Association of Realtors, Mohawk Valley Business Women’s Network, Mohawk Valley EDGE, Oneida County Tourism, Waterville Economic Development Corporation, Sylvan Verona Beach Resort Assn., Workforce Development Board, Mohawk Valley Small Business Development Center and The Genesis Group.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here