The Oswego Valley Fiddlers will present a special tribute to the late Susan Barrington at their concert, 2-5 p.m. June 23 at the at the North American Fiddlers Hall of Fame, 1121 Comins Road, Redfield, with free dance lessons before the concert from noon to 2 p.m., the group has announced.
The event honors an active member of the hall who served as a board member and treasurer and was active in the Oswego Valley chapter, and who is described as a font of information and source of encouragement for the organization, the announcement added.
Oswego Valley Chapter president Vickie Wheeler will teach line dancing.
Other dances on the agenda include square dancing and polka taught by Keith Hunt and clogging taught by Ruth Florey and Lynda Vaadi, the announcement added.
Parking is free, facilities are wheelchair accessible and covered, and there is an adjacent kids’ playground.
The Fiddlers’ Museum and Kitchen will be open all afternoon for viewing and special treats.
Upcoming free concerts at the Hall of Fame and Museum:
• Sunday, June 30, 2-5 pm, Jim Kimball, professor of American folk music at SUNY Geneseo, will perform and share his tales of historic fiddling and dancing in New York.
• Sunday, July 7: Black River Valley Fiddlers – fiddling,
songs and round and square dance.
• Sunday, July 14: Mac Claflin, Fulton – 2018 Fiddlers Hall of Fame inductee.
• Sunday, July 21: Eileen Nicholson Kalfass, Syracuse — SAMMY award winner.
• Friday, July 26-Sunday July 28 – Fiddlers Picnic Festival featuring Patti Kustrurok of Winnipeg, Manitoba,