Faulty furnace leads to call at Denny’s

Posted 6/17/19

The fire department was dispatched to Denny’s restaurant on South James Street early this morning for what turned out to just be a faulty furnace. Fire officials said a smoky haze entered the …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Faulty furnace leads to call at Denny’s

Posted

The fire department was dispatched to Denny’s restaurant on South James Street early this morning for what turned out to just be a faulty furnace.

Fire officials said a smoky haze entered the restaurant through the air ducts and employees called 9-1-1 at 6:19 a.m. Firefighters responded and traced the haze back to a fault in the furnace, authorities said.

The initial call to 9-1-1 went out as a possible building fire, but officials said this morning there was no actual fire.

No one was injured.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment