Electrical fire doused in basement of Utica restaurant
UTICA — An electrical fire in the basement of the Europa restaurant in Utica was quickly doused Sunday afternoon, according to the Utica Fire Department.
Fire Chief Scott Ingersoll said the fire was electrical in nature and started in an electrical panel in the basement of the Albany Street restaurant. The owner noticed smoke coming up through the floor and called 911 around 2:20 p.m.
"The fire was confined to the basement, to the electrical panel," Ingersoll stated. "There was a small amount of fire damage."
Utica firefighters responded and knocked down the flames in a matter of minutes, he stated. There was some smoke damage to the basement and in the restaurant. No one was injured, he noted.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here