Construction operations on Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the bridge over the Mohawk River continues, according to the weekly construction report issued Friday by the state Department of Transportation.
Motorists on the popular route will encounter miscellaneous construction operations with north and south bound lane closures due to work on the roundabouts. Work will also continue on Route 49 between Lawrence Street and Route 825, where motorists will encounter east and west bound lane and ramp closures due to the roadwork, the DOT report added.
On Route 233 in the area of Route 69, there will be lane and shoulder closures due to the inspections of the Route 49 bridges.
On Route 49 between Oriskany and Stanwix, there will be east and west bound lane closures due to guiderail repairs while elsewhere on Route 49 westbound in the area of the ramps over Wheeler Creek there will be lane shifts due to bridge inspections.
On the Route 26 bridge over the Barge Canal there will be a northbound lane closure due to bridge inspections.
In New Hartford, Middle Settlement Road between Route 5 and Route 12B will have one-way alternating traffic with flaggers in place due to drainage cleaning.
There are also projects in Utica, including:
- Burrstone Road eastbound between Champlin Ave and Lincoln Ave. Eastbound traffic has been reduced to one lane with a traffic pattern shift. Signed detours are in place as well as westbound between Lincoln Ave and Champlin Ave.
- The Route 5/8/12 north ramp to Burrstone Road. Motorists will only be able to turn right. Motorists are being detoured to use the French Road exit while the Burrstone Road eastbound ramp to Route 5/8/12 north will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Route 5/8/12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to bridge deck work. Delays are expected.
- Route 5/8/12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter a south bound right lane closure due to Burrstone Road bridge work.
- Route I-790 between Genesee Street and Leland Ave. Motorists will encounter a northbound right lane and shoulder closure due to bridge joint replacement.
- Route 5A between Schuyler Street and Whitesboro Street. Motorists will encounter east and west bound lane closures with a speed limit reduction of 30MPH due to water main installations.
Elsewhere in Oneida County:
- In the town of New Hartford on Route 12 between Mayberry Place and Genesee Street. Motorists will encounter north and south bound shoulder closures due to landscape work; and also Route 12B between Hara Crescent and Route 5. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to landscape work.
- Route 840 in the towns of New Hartford and Whitestown between Route 5 and Halsey Road. Motorists will encounter east and west bound lane closures due to roadwork.
In the City of Oneida and Town of Vernon, Route 365A between Route 5 and Route 365 will have one-way alternating traffic with flaggers due to miscellaneous construction operations including the installation of new sidewalks, sign work and signal work, according to the DOT’s weekly construction report.
In the Town of Madison, on Route 26 at Route 46 motorists will encounter eastbound shoulder closures due to road work.
In the Town of Ilion, there will be rehabilitation work on the Route 51 bridge between Route 5 and Route 5S, though there will be no lane closures at this time.
The DOT adds that sign installations and pavement markings will be occurring in Madison, Oneida and Herkimer counties, and motorists can expect to encounter one way alternating traffic with flaggers in place.
Pavement striping will be occurring in Oneida County, the DOT added, and centerline, edge line and lane lines will be occurring in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties and lane shifts or lane closures with flaggers in place can also be expected.