MIDDLETOWN — Sarah Crockett of Rome Free Academy won her second straight state title in the shot put Friday.
Crockett threw 42 feet, 23/4 inches for the top spot in the New York State Public High School Athletic Association championship meet at Middletown High School.
Crocket was also third in the discus throw with a distance of 127-7.
Crockett will be back in action today for the Federation Meet finals in both the discus throw and shot put.
RFA’s Devon McClendon was 10th in the Division 1 800 with a time of 1:57.63, which topped his previous personal record of 1:58.82. He was 20th in the New York State Federation.
Other results of area athletes:
• Cory Couture of Vernon-Verona-Sherrill was sixth in the 400 in Division 2 as well as 16th in the 200. The school’s 1,600 relay team in Division 2 — Couture, Spencer Walker, Terrell Rainwater and Dion Putaski — placed eighth.
• Luke Lombardi of Oneida was 18th in the pole vault.
• Jason Robinson of Westmoreland was the lone competitor in the boys 800, 1,600 and 3,200 wheelchair races.
• Josh Mayden of Camden sits in 22nd in the pentathlon with two of the five events left to take place.
• Clinton’s Louis Pinto is in the high jump, which takes place today.
• LeeAnne Lowery of VVS was fifth in the Division 2 discus. Teammate Sara Brown was eighth in the Division 2 long jump.
Delaney Brewer of VVS will be in the steeplechase, which takes place today.
• MacKenzie Mix of Camden was 18th in the 100 in Division 2. Teammate Elizabeth Lucason is in the 1,500, which takes place today.
• Roxee Hughes of Clinton was 16th in the 100 in Division 2, and teammate Eva Borton was 13th in the 3,000.
• South Lewis teammates Hannah Iefield and Lexi Bernard also ran the 3,000, finishing eighth and 12th respectively. Iefield is also in the 1,500 today.