My name is Buddy C., and I am a 10-year-old male cat who has been at the shelter since mid-March. Unfortunately, my owner suffered from ill health so I was brought here.
It’s been quite an adjustment, believe me, but I do think my previous owner did the right thing. A lot of people just don’t know what to do or where to turn when they change jobs, change apartments or suffer from bad health and are forced to give up their beloved pet. Thank goodness I have a safe, warm and temporary home — thank you Humane Society of Rome!
Let me tell you about myself. Even though I am a ‘senior’ cat, I still love to play and enjoy fun times with stuffed toys and balls with bells. I do need to be the only pet in a household thought, due to my mellow nature.
I just love to sit in my cat bed, chatting away to humans (and cats) and will roll side to side to show my pleasure at having company. I would be the perfect pet for an older couple or a single person. No young children though, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from (and meeting) interested parties!
Love, Buddy C.
Dear Buddy C.:
Yes 10 years is still young for a feline — you hopefully have many more years left to enjoy your life and enrich the lives of others! Readers, please stop in and see Buddy C. and all of the numerous other cats (and dogs) that are residing here. You will be glad that you did and of course, so will they. That perfect match is just waiting to happen!
Congratulations are in order for the following cats: Bert, Fo, Fum, Sparkle, Robyn and Diesel; and dogs: Graham, Rex and Beau, who have all been adopted! Congrats one and all!
Saturday, May 12 – Painting and Dining at Johnny B’s --- enjoy a wonderful meal while taking part in a painting class – be creative. Paint your Pet with Donna Teuscher from 2-5 p.m., followed by “Dining for the Dogs” from 4-9 p.m.
Tuesday, June 5 — Dining for the Dogs at DeSalvo’s Restaurant, North James Street, Rome.
Wednesday, June 13 – Dining for the Dogs from 4-8 p.m. at Aquino’s Restaurant.
Monday, Aug. 6 – Our biggest fundraiser of the entire year — “Paws on the Green” Golf Tournament at the beautiful Teugega Country Club!
AmazonSmile makes us smile!
AmazonSmile is a simple, automatic way for you to support the Humane Society of Rome! Every time you shop with Amazon, they donate a portion of the purchase price to our charitable organization.
This is what you do --- before you begin to shop:
- Go to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com)
- Sign into your Amazon Account
- Click on Accounts and Lists
- Click on Your Account
- Scroll down to Settings
- Click on Change Your Charity
- Start typing in “Humane Society of Rome” and Search
- Make sure you choose the correct Humane Society and SELECT!
- You can then GO SHOPPING!
- Thank you!
Dawn dishwashing detergent as well as new spray bottles (quart size). Thank you!
The shelter is in need of the following items:
- Medium- and large-size kitten hammocks (they are found in pet stores in the ferret section)
- Medium covered litter boxes
- Small litter boxes – kitten size
- Small plush cat beds – kitten size
- Friskies or 9 Lives pate canned food
- Ceramic crocks for food and water – small and large
- Scoopable litter
- Toys (especially toys that make noise)
- Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs
- Toys – variety
- Grain Free treats
- Raw Hide treats – all sizes
- Soft Treats – such as Bacon Strips, Pupperoni
General Shelter Supplies
- Garbage bags – 13-gal. kitchen drawstring bags
- Garbage bags – 39-gal. drawstring bags
- Legal, letter, and small notepads
- Telephone message pads – 2-part carbonless
- Blank address labels
- Manila 3-tab folders – letter size
- 25-gallon plastic tubs with lids
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
5 p.m. The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For information, call 315-336-7070.