Bright future for Boonville’s renovated Hulbert House
BOONVILLE — We heard some good news recently coming out of Boonville with the new ownership of the landmark Hulbert House saying that applications are being accepted for furnished efficiencies and one-bedroom apartments in the remodeled building.
Carl Vogel, of Carl’s Wholesale Furniture in New Hartford, started the renovation program after the veritable building closed in 2016 before it was purchased at auction.
The house was a popular meeting place and may be again.
Vogel acknowledges this and has announced that multiple businesses, including a possible tavern and a marketplace, are in negotiations to occupy the first floor. This will give locals the opportunity to once again gather in the historic Hulbert House, he said.
Anyone interested in an apartment can call 315-761-0000 for an appointment.
The Hulbert House was originally constructed in 1812 by Ephraim Owen using Black River limestone. It was purchased by Richard Hulbert in 1839, who added a third story and an addition.
The inn had several owners until it was eventually purchased by A. J. Garbarino in 1949. Garbarino contracted to have the four murals painted by local artist John David Mahaffy on an inside wall. In 1965 the Hulbert House was purchased by the Daskiewich family, who owned and operated it until its closing in 2019.
We hope the Hulbert House once again is as popular as it was for many years in Boonville.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here