Return home

Assault charged following fight at Stevens Field in Rome

Posted 12/3/22

A 20-year-old man is accused of assaulting another man at Stevens Field, causing multiple bone fractures, according to the Rome Police Department.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Assault charged following fight at Stevens Field in Rome

Posted

ROME — A 20-year-old man is accused of assaulting another man at Stevens Field, causing multiple bone fractures, according to the Rome Police Department.

Police said Michael Hamilton, of Rome, got into a fight with another man at the playground on Frederick Street at about 5 p.m. Sept. 21. Police said the victim suffered fractured nose and orbital bones, as well as a fractured wrist. 

When the victim tried to escape in a van, police said Hamilton grabbed the door and opened it forcefully, causing damage to the van. 

A warrant was issued for Hamilton and he was taken into custody on Friday, Dec. 2, on one count each of third-degree assault and third-degree mischief, police said. He is scheduled to appear in Rome City Court.

The driver of the van, Brittani G. Pirillo, 33, of Rome, was previously charged on Oct. 5 after she chased a crowd of people with the van and drove onto the basketball courts, police stated. Pirillo was charged in October with first-degree reckless endangerment, attempted second-degree assault, endangering the welfare of a child and fourth-degree possession of a weapon, authorities stated. 

Comments

No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here