Families who are dealing with the problems of addiction can find help and information at a support group meeting from 6-7 p.m., Monday,
Sept. 17, in the second floor classroom at Rome Memorial Hospital.
The group meets the third Monday of each month and is free and open to everyone. Offered by the hospital’s Community Recovery Center, the group:
- An opportunity to discuss issues with others who are in the same situation
- Monthly support
- Development of communication skills that will work with those suffering from addiction
- Development and utilization of boundaries
- The opportunity to address any questions or concerns
- Community resources and/or referrals
Certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, the Community Recovery Center, 264 W. Dominick St., offers quality, comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults. The center is open Monday and Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. For more information about the support group or the Community Recovery Center, call 315-334-4701.