726 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Oneida County
On Tuesday, there were 726 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Oneida County and two new virus-related deaths. The infection positivity rate was measured at 12.9%.
There were 4,241 active positive cases, and 5,974 people in mandatory isolation and quarantine throughout the county.
In further numbers, there were 51 Oneida County residents hospitalized due to the virus. Of those people, 28 were unvaccinated and 23 were vaccinated.
Thirty-eight people were hospitalized at Mohawk Valley Health System, six were hospitalized at Rome Health and seven were hospitalized outside of the county.
Looking to statewide numbers, there were 96 COVID-19-related deaths across New York on Tuesday and the seven-day statewide average infection positivity rate was measured at 22.45% according to information from Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office, released Wednesday.
In a daily statement, Hochul added, "I know New Yorkers are exhausted, but we can't let up against this winter surge … Let's continue to use the tools that will protect ourselves, our children and our vulnerable loved ones from getting severely sick or hospitalized from COVID. Please get fully vaccinated, get the booster, wear a non-cloth well-fitting mask and exercise caution while indoors."
COVID-19 information links
• New York State’s COVID-19 data has been collected in one online spot at: https://on.ny.gov/3rw82oG
• In Oneida County, vaccine appointments and walk-ins are available at county-operated sites. To book an appointment, visit www.ocgov.net.
• Scheduling a vaccine appointment can also be completed at: vaccines.gov.
• COVID-19 case numbers and vaccination rates are available on Oneida County’s online Dashboard at: https://bit.ly/3A85tLp
• To see COVID-19 information for Madison County, visit: https://on.ny.gov/3je8vr0
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here