1. Rome Summer Concert Series, Monday 6 p.m. at Griffo Green, West Dominick Street.
The Fabulous Mojo’s performs Aug. 12. Food trucks and beverages will be available. The series runs every Monday night from 6 to 8 p.m. through Aug. 19. Attendance is free, concert-goers are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets.
2. “The Last Black Man in San Francisco” screens Wednesday and Friday at 2 and 7:30 p.m. in Utica’s Munson-Williams-Proctor Museum of Art Auditorium. Admission $8, $6 members, $4 students.
Jimmie (Jimmie Fails) dreams of reclaiming the Victorian home his grandfather built in the heart of San Francisco. Joined on his quest by his best friend Mont (Jonathan Majors), Jimmie searches for belonging in a rapidly changing city that seems to have left them behind. Rated R. Visit www.mwpai.org/experience/film
3. Saranac Thursdays hosts Showtime, 6 p.m. May 30 at F.X. Matt Brewery, Utica. Admission $5, includes one beverage. Ages 21 and over. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the United Way of the Valley and Greater and Utica. Visit www.saranac.com, https://www.facebook.com/pg/showtimetheband
4. New York State Woodsmen’s Field Days Friday-Sunday at Boonville-Oneida County Fairgrounds. Over 100 Forest Industry exhibits, a parade, fireworks, craft show, beards contest and chainsaw carving. Events include the annual 10K foot race, Lumberjack and Lumberjill Championships and Horse Skidding.
Daily admission is $11, $9 military and seniors, and $8 for children 6-12. Children under 5 admitted for free. Rain or shine. Call (315) 942-4593, visit woodsmensfielddays.com.
5. The Boonville Concert Band performs Friday, Aug. 16, at 6:30 p.m. in the Erwin Park. Fireworks will follow.
Music includes selections from “Jesus Christ Superstar”, Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody,” Selections from the Wizard of Oz, “Star Spangled Spectacular,” and “Best of the West.” Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets. This event is free, however donations are appreciated. All proceeds go toward the continuance of the band.
6. FANDEMICON 2019 at the Utica Public Library, Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. This is billed as a fun, free, family friendly, pop-culture convention. A celebration of all things fandom – from comics and superheroes, to tabletop games and video gaming, to anime and manga and cosplay, and everything else fans of any age can enjoy.
Visit www.fandemicon.com, call 315-735-2279.
7. Sherrill American Legion Post 230, 168 E. Seneca St., will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the American Legion during a special Birthday Celebration Saturday, Aug. 17.
Rain or shine. Entertainment for the all-day affair will include a dunk tank, magician, a parade kicking off at noon, inflatables, food trucks and Short Circuit Plays will perform from 6-10 p.m.