1. Bikes at the Beach along Main Street in Sylvan Beach 5:30 p.m. every Tuesday through Sept. 17.
July 9 is Family Bike Night: Super Hero Night with the Harley Girls representing their favorite super heroes. Event includes face painting, cotton candy, vendors in the park, and Super Hero Costume Contest (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and Corn Hole (Judging by Harley Girls & Harley Staff). Live music by Doc Orloff’s Blues Elixir.
2. Old Forge Library hosts Alice in Wonderland Summer Fundraisers on Wednesday, July 10.
Crazy Croquet Tournament noon to 3 p.m. at $10 per person or $20 per family or group. The Mad Hatter’s Cocktail and Tea Party at 3:33 p.m. Cocktails, iced teas, tea sandwiches and cookies, a hat decorating station, door prizes, and croquet will be enjoyed for a donation of $20 per person. Attendees may bring their own hat or decorate one the library will have on hand.
3. “The Souvenir” screens Wednesday and Friday at 2 and 7:30 p.m. in Utica’s Munson-Williams-Proctor Museum of Art Auditorium. Admission $8, $6 members, $4 students. Rated R.
A shy but ambitious film student (Honor Swinton Byrne) begins to find her voice as an artist while navigating a turbulent courtship with a charismatic but untrustworthy man (Tom Burke). She defies her protective mother (Tilda Swinton) and concerned friends as she slips deeper and deeper into an intense, emotionally fraught relationship that comes dangerously close to destroying her dreams.
4. Capitol Theatre’s SummerStage presents “Shrek The Musical” Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets $19, $18 seniors, students, military; $17 members; $14 ages 12 and under. Based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film, Shrek The Musical is a Tony Award-winning fairy tale adventure, featuring all new songs. Shrek brings all the beloved characters you know from the film to life on stage and proves there’s more to the story than meets the ears.
5. Utica Stampede rodeo Thursday, July 11 and Friday, July 12, 7 p.m. at the Utica AUD. Tickets, $17.50 - $22.50; two day pass, $28 - $38. The Utica Stampede features eight different events: Bull riding, Bareback Horse Riding, Saddle Bronc Horse Riding, Barrel Racing, Breakaway Roping, Team Roping, Tie Down Roping, and Steer Wrestling. Approximately 30 bull riders will compete for large cash prizes in each event.
Call 315-790-9070, visit www.theuticaaud.com
6. Boilermaker Health & Wellness Expo Friday, noon-7 p.m. at MVCC Utica. Event includes: a food court, live entertainment, race merchandise, interactive booths, food trucks, a runners’ forum. Utica Zoomobile noon-2 p.m., Mohawk Valley Career Fair 3- 7 p.m., Over 100 vendors. Runners pick up race packets. Call 315-731-5722.
7. Verona Country Music Fest Saturday, July 13, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. at Verona Firemens Field, Rock Road. Tickets $15. Headliner is Nashville recording artist Styles Haury, preceeded at 8 p.m. by Steven Cali. Other scheduled acts at the top of the hour from noon include Trigger Finger, Ryan Matter, Fulton Chain Gang, Big River, Whisky Creek, Jennie and the Buckshot, Broken Rule, Kickin It.