According to information from Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office, there were 30 new COVID-19-related across the state on Thursday, and as of Friday afternoon, the statewide seven-day average COVID-19 infection positivity rate was measured at 2.5%.
Further, there were 5,693 new positive cases of the pandemic virus on Friday afternoon compared to the previous daily announcement on Thursday.
In Oneida County, Thursday brought 148 new cases of the virus, bringing the active case count to 1,116.
The positivity rate for the county was 4.1%.
There were 58 Oneida County residents hospitalized (35 unvaccinated/23 vaccinated) with 28 at Mohawk Valley Health System, 18 at Rome Health and 12 out of the county. The positivity rate for the Mohawk Valley was 5.29%
As infection rates hold to an elevated plateau compared to July and August rates, officials continue to strive for vaccinations. “COVID-19 is still a threat to many New Yorkers who haven’t been vaccinated yet, and even though we’ve made progress on getting shots in arms, the vaccination rate needs to continue going up,” Hochul said in a statement, “We’re operating convenient vaccination sites across the state, getting the word out to the 12 to 16 age group and offering exciting incentives to get the shot, but the buck stops with New Yorkers. Each and every eligible New Yorker should get vaccinated right away to protect their friends, families and communities.”
COVID-19 Info Links
• In Oneida County, vaccine appointments and walk-ins are available at county-operated sites.
To book an appointment, visit www.ocgov.net.
• Scheduling a vaccine appointment can also be completed at: vaccines.gov.
• COVID-19 case numbers and vaccination rates: https://bit.ly/3A85tLp
• To see COVID-19 information for Madison County, visit: https://on.ny.gov/3je8vr0
• The New York State Department of Health offers statewide information at: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov
• To see a state compiled COVID-19 breakthrough data report, which displays COVID-19 breakthrough cases, hospitalizations and in-depth data over time, visit: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-breakthrough-data-report
• To see the states collection of data on COVID-19 variants, visit: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-variant-data