1. Rome Cemetery will be a subject of the Landmarks Society of Greater Utica’s free Walks and Talks series at 6 p.m. on Monday. The event will start at the office of the cemetery on Jervis Avenue. There will be a walking tour of the older sections of the cemetery including the Grand Army of the Republic section which is the burial section for a number of Civil War, World War I, World War II and Viet Nam veterans, as well as gravesites of a few of the prominent residents of Rome.
2. The 130th Boonville-Oneida County Fair begins at 8 a.m. Tuesday and runs through Sunday afternoon. Tuesday will be Children’s Day and Health Fair Day. In celebration of the Boonville-Oneida County Fair, the Boonville Concert Band will be performing on Tuesday at the gazebo in the little park. The concert will begin at 6 p.m. just prior to the fair parade at 7. The band is comprised of accomplished instrumentalists from a wide area surrounding Boonville.
3. Unity Hall will host a showing of the concert DVD “The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre” on Tuesday, July 24 at 7 p.m. Admission is free, and refreshments will be available. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
4. The reigning Guiness World Records record holder for the fastest speed for a monster truck, Raminator as well as the Rammunition will be making a pitstop in Rome on Thursday at 3 p.m. until dark. Recorded hitting a speed of 99.10 mph, the Raminator with a 2018 Ram Heavy Duty Laramie Limited body and Rammunition’s 2018 Ram Power Wagon body will be racing just as swiftly to Victory CDJR, located at 5827 Rome Taberg Road, to offer a presentation in the Monster Truck Takedown. Food, beverages and souvenirs will be available.
5. The Three Voices Presbyterian Church will host the Opus Black String Quartet during its annual Music on the Green concert slated for Thursday at the First Presbyterian Church at Main Street and Rock Road. According to Co-Pastor Peg Ward, the concert will be the headline event during a special evening at the church. A free community dinner will begin at 4:30 p.m. At 5:30 p.m., the Verona Area Vacation Bible School attendees will offer a special presentation preceding the Opus Black String Quartet Concert.
6. Ava Dorfman Senior Center, 305 E. Locust St., will host a Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser from 4-8 p.m. Friday at the center. Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, dinner rolls, coffee and tea will be served, and a cash bar will be available. Music will be provided by DJ Frank Belmont. Cost is $15 per person, or $10 for take-out. Dinner will begin promptly at 5 p.m. For more information or to make a reservation, call the center at 315-337-8230.
7. The annual Honor America Days parade Saturday morning and the concert Saturday night. The parade steps off at 10 a.m. on Saturday on North James Street near Rome Memorial Hospital. The west lawn at Fort Stanwix National Monument will once again host the annual pops concert presented by Symphoria at 8 p.m.