1. A Tuba Christmas concert Tuesday, 7 p.m., in the Capitol Theatre. Free. Tuba, euphonium, baritone, and sousaphone players from throughout the region will perform Christmas music. Call (315) 337-6453, visit www.romecapitol.com.
2. “Goodbye Christopher Robin” screens Wednesday and Friday at 2 and 7:30 p.m. in Utica’s Munson-Williams-Proctor Museum of Art Auditorium. Admission $8, $6 members, $4 students. This film gives a rare glimpse into the relationship between children’s author A. A. Milne (Domhnall Gleeson) and his son Christopher Robin (Will Tilston), whose toys inspired the magical world of Winnie-the-Pooh. Christopher Robin and his family are swept up in the international success of the books. Rated PG. Visit www.mwpai.org/performing-arts.
3. Isreal Hagen and Stroke perform Friday, 8 p.m., at The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., Oneida. Free. Stroke was formed in 1982 and currently includes Hagen on bass and vocals, Buke Babikian on drums, John Kelsey on guitar and Bill Barry on keyboards and vocals. The band has performed with Robert Cray, B. B. King and Carlos Santana.
4. The Capitol Theatre presents “It’s A Wonderful Life” (1946) Friday, 7 p.m. and Saturday, 2:30 and 7 p.m. Admission $6.50, $5.50 seniors and students, $4.50 members, $2.50 ages 12 and under. An angel helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman (James Stewart) by showing what life would have been like if he never existed. Visit www.romecapitol.com.
5. The Utica Memorial Auditorium hosts Comets Hockey Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. Tickets $18 - $28. Friday, Comets vs. Binghamton. Saturday, Comets vs. Rochester. Call 738-0164, visit www.theuticaaud.com
6. Utica Zoo offers Holiday Hoot Saturday, 1-3 p.m. Admission $4.50, $3.50 seniors, military and students, $3 ages 3-12, ages 2 and under enter for free. Bring the whole family to have pictures taken with Santa! Printed photos are an additional fee, but you are welcome to bring your own camera. Free hot drinks, cookies, and candy canes will be available. Bring gifts for the animals: uticazoo.org/wishlist. Call (315) 738-0472, visit www.uticazoo.org.
7. The Alliance Classical Players return to the Rome Art and Community Center, 308 W. Bloomfield St., 7-10 p.m. Saturday. Tickets $30, $25 members. There will be complementary refreshments and a home filled with holiday music. For information, call the RACC at 315-336-1040.