DOT outlines construction projects under way in region
Spring is in the air, and that means, highway and street construction projects are popping up across the region faster than May flowers. The state Department of Transportation has issued construction alerts and reminders for the following projects:
City of Rome:
- Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the bridge over the Mohawk River. Motorists will encounter miscellaneous construction operations with no lane closures at this time.
- Route 49 between Oriskany and Stanwix. Motorists will encounter east and west bound lane closures due to guiderail repairs.
City of Utica:
- Burrstone Road eastbound between Champlin Ave and Lincoln Ave. Eastbound traffic has been reduced to one lane with a traffic pattern shift. Signed detours are in place.
- Burrstone Road westbound between Lincoln Ave and Champlin Ave. Westbound traffic will encounter traffic pattern shifts. Signed detours are in place.
- Route 5/8/12 north to Burrstone Road. Motorists will only be able to turn right. Motorists are being detoured to use the French Road exit.
- Burrstone Road eastbound ramp to Route 5-8-12 north will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Lincoln Ave to Burrstone Road will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Route 5-8-12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to bridge deck removal. Delays are expected.
- Route 5S between Broadway and Broad Street. Motorists will encounter miscellaneous construction activities with no lane closures.
- Route I-790 between Genesee Street and Leland Ave. Motorists will encounter a northbound left lane closure due to bridge joint replacement.
Town of New Hartford
- Route 12 between Genesee Street and Mayberry Place. Motorists will encounter a southbound right lane closure due to sidewalk ramp replacement
- Route 12B between Route 5 and Hara Crescent. Motorists will encounter one way alternating traffic due to sidewalk ramp replacement.
Town of Nelson
- Route 20 between Thomas Road and Erieville Road. Motorists will encounter an eastbound right lane closure due to survey work.
- Route 51 bridge between Route 5 and Route 5S. Motorists will encounter minor delays due to bridge rehabilitation. No lane closures are expected at this time.