The city’s most recent online auction of surplus totaled $141,862.62 in sales, according to the mayor.
“The City recently held a very successful auction of surplus items resulting in $141,862.62 in new revenue to assist with our 2017 budget. Items were auctioned from most every city department, and we thank all those who participated,” said Mayor Jacqueline M. Izzo in a statement.
The city uses an online auction agent to sell surplus items that range from office furniture to trucks.
The most recent auction was held for one week in early October.
The biggest single item sold was a 1995 Ford L8000 diesel truck for $35,300 to Eggan Excavating & Equipment Co. of Rome.
Here are the other top sales:
- $14,101.55 for a Mohawk 18,000-pound heavy vehicle lift system.
- $10,650 for a 2003 Bobcat skid steer loader.
- $8,750 for a 1999 Brush Bandit chipper.
- $8,350.01 for a 1990 Ford tractor mower.
- $6,000 for a 2004 Ford F-250 truck.
- $5,913.88 for a 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 truck.
- $5,175 for a John Deere tractor loader.