FULL SERVICE — Whites Farm Supply Vice President Al White stands in front of the Canastota store on Route 31. White’s has been a family business ever since Willard and Nettie White started the dealership in 1946. Since then, it has grown to a company of more than 90 employees at five locations offering farm equipment, construction equipment, lawn and garden equipment, service, parts, and rentals, according to its website. (Photo submitted)
With 70-plus years in the equipment business, White’s Farm Supply is still learning
Willard and Nettie White started White’s Farm Supply in 1946 in Oneida Valley on the corner of Routes 31 and 316. Now there are five stores with the couple’s sons, Dale, Art and Doug as well as two of Dale’s sons, Jeff and Greg, guiding the business into the future.
The company has thrived on service to the customer. Its technicians fix what others can’t and, with 24/7 availability, White’s is there to keep their customers going.
Training is the key for the diverse lineup of equipment offered. White’s employees attend training programs – keeping current on everything from Stihl string trimmers at one horsepower to 1,000-horsepower forage harvesters.
The diverse lineup includes Case IH, New Holland, Kubota, Krone, Manitou, Gehl, Meyer’s, Kuhn, Supreme, Houle and others for farmers. For the the yard and garden, White’s offers brands like Kubota, Ferris, Cub Cadet, Scag, Simplicity, Land Pride, Bush Hog and Sitrex.
White’s diversity allows one to try multiple brands all in one place, including four brands of skid steers, five brands of zero-turn mowers, two major brands of farm tractors and two brands of mini excavators. White’s strives to have the equipment that fits customers’ needs.
White’s says it stocks more than five million parts at all five locations.
This year there’s a bittersweet occasion for White’s, as “Chainsaw Charlie” will be retiring after 40-plus years of service. Company officials say he’ll be missed in more ways than one for his dedication to customers.
A multiple award-winning dealer and power equipment specialist, White’s was named to New Holland’s President’s Club, the highest honor New Holland awards a dealership, in 2017. The honor recognizes superior service to customers as well as excellence and continuous improvement in business performance.
White’s Farm Supply, Inc.
• Canastota: 4154 Route 31.
• Franklin: 387 Center St.
• Lowville: 8207 Route 26.
• Schaghticoke – 1205 Route 40.
• Waterville – 962 Route 12.