IN THE HABIT — Camden students, costumed in their full nun regalia, rehearse a scene from the musical comedy “Sister Act” recently. The show will take center stage in the Camden High School auditorium stage on Friday, March 2, and Saturday, March 3. (Photo submitted)
‘Sister Act’ to take stage in Camden
“Sister Act” will be hitting the Camden High School auditorium stage on Friday, March 2, at 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 3, for two shows, at 2 p.m. and again at 7:30 p.m.
The story features disco diva, Deloris Van Cartier, who upon witnessing a murder is put in protective custody in the one place the cops are sure she won’t be a found: A convent!
Disguised as a nun, Van Cartier finds herself at odds with both the rigid lifestyle and uptight Mother Superior. Using her unique disco moves and singing talent to inspire the choir, Deloris breathes new life into the church and community but, in doing so, blows her cover. Soon, the gang is giving chase, only to find them up against Deloris and the power of her newly found sisterhood.
Filled with powerful gospel music, outrageous dancing and a truly moving story, the cast and crew of the Camden production, hope to present a sparkling tribute to the universal power of friendship.
Tickets are $8 for adults while children age 3 and under will be admitted free. Tickets can be reserved by calling 315-761-3420 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The show is produced by Kimberly Bird. Amanda Hughes is serving as musical director with Dee Dee Knapp Brody lending her choreography expertise. Michaele Morehouse will direct the pit of high school and community musicians.
The costumes are being made by Sue Teelin and Diane Lundrigan with high school students aiding in the sewing endeavors.
Steve Keller is working hard to design a very unique stage set with Amy Andrews making sure that our set is colorful.
Kimberly Dean is in charge of fundraising and selling the tickets to the show, while a host of hard-working students, faculty and community members are working behind the scenes to bring the high-energy show to life.
The cast of “Sister Act” includes:
- Cassandra Dolan, as Deloris Van Cartier;
- Alicia Hardison as Mother Superior;
- Jaden Scott as Sister Mary Robert;
- Carmryn Sullivan as Sister Mary Patrick;
- Emily Pitoniak as Sister Mary Lazarus;
- Evan Youngs as Monsignor O’Hara;
- Dominic Walker as Curtis;
- Tyler Parent as Eddie;
- Mackenzie Yahoudy-Macner as TJ;
- Chase Goodwin as Joey;
- Gavin Vera as Pablo;
- Laura Chase as Sister Mary Martin-Of-Tours;
- Andromeda Yahoudy-Macner as Sister Mary Theresa;
- Abby Walker as Michelle;
- Danielle Ingraham as Tina;
- Matt Lucero as Ernie/Drag Queen;
- Joshua Dixon, Joshua Mayden, and Richie Smith as the thugs;
- Jordan Babcock, Sydney Dean, Delainey Hebble, Emily Henderson, Danielle Ingraham, Maddie Johnson, Sophie Marin, Alexis Renwick, Jasmine Renwick ,Catherine Seidl, Grace Tucker, Abby Walker as nuns and homeless people;
- Madison Abbott, Kitana Brown, Kaila Golbach-Higgins and Lily Sullivan as nuns;
- Hannah Allen, Ashton Coldren and Nina Horne as bar patrons/parishoners;
- Abby Parody as the newscaster;
- Victoria Shanahan as the cab driver;
- Kierra Connor and Michael Turck as the pool players;
- Mateo Larson as the cop; and
- Shannon Birmingham as the waitress.
- 9:00am 09/16/18Rome author stirs the senses with dishes from around the world
- 9:00am 09/16/18‘Peppermint’ fails to pack a memorable punch
- 9:00am 09/16/18Hummingbirds are fun to watch and important pollinators
- 9:00am 09/16/18Check out the latest — books and more — at Jervis
- 9:00am 09/16/18Trace keeps trying to find a permanent home, family