Simpson/Parker Memorial Tournament slated for Aug. 11
The Fifth Annual Simpson/Parker Memorial Golf Tournament, hosted by the families of Army Sgt. Christopher Simpson and Marine Sgt. Elisha R. Parker, will be held on Saturday, Aug. 11.
The tournament will be held at the Westvale Golf Club in Camillus. It will begin at 10:30 a.m. with registration at 9 a.m. The cost is $90 per golfer and includes golf, cart, lunch, shirt, steak dinner, and a chance to win prizes.
Organizers say there is still time to enter a team, make a monetary donation, or donate a raffle prize. People may contact Donna Parker by calling 315-335-3965 or by email at email@example.com. Golfers can also register online at www.simpsonparkergolf.wixsite.com/golf2018. Donations can be sent to Donna Parker, 10 Second St., Camden NY 13316. Make checks payable to: Sgt. Christopher Simpson Memorial Fund.
Proceeds will benefit the Sgt. Eli Parker Community Youth Center and the Christopher Simpson Memorial Park.
Parker, of Camden, was 21, when he was killed on May 4, 2006 while conducting combat operations in Iraq. Simpson, formerly of Rome, was 23, when he died on March 17, 2008 when this convoy was hit by a roadside bomb in Baghdad.
- 9:01am 08/19/18New app helps share Rome’s history
- 9:00am 08/19/18Bongo is a quiet boy looking for love, companionship
- 9:00am 08/19/18‘Christopher Robin’ entertaining, endearing
- 9:00am 08/19/18Consider xeriscaping — learning to garden with less water
- 9:00am 08/19/18Åll-stars come out at 42nd annual Rome Sports Hall of Fame awards dinner