GROWING — Above, a side entrance to Side Kicks Family Karate, 2009 N. James St. The facility has expanded, more than doubling its size, according to owner Brian Seetge. The business offers a range of programs for youths and adults. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
Side Kicks expands; aims to offer more classes for adults
Side Kicks Family Karate, 2009 N. James St., has expanded, more than doubling its size.
The business has expanded from 1,200 square feet to over 3,000. “In doing so we are not only helping kids with life skills such are respect, focus, discipline, self-esteem but we are now offering fitness classes for adults like Adult self-defense, kickboxing, zumba and more to come,” said Brian Seetge.
“It has been on my mind for a while now, adults don’t have anything to do and how can we serve them better,” he added.
The expansion, he said, allows Side Kicks to offer those classes without taking away from children’s programs.
“People need to have motivation, accountability and group camaraderie,” said Seetge. “Every time I talk with an adult about what they do to stay active I always get the same answer: ‘There is nothing for us to do but the gym.’ Now Side Kicks has that covered by offering a variety of group fitness and self-defense classes for adults. “We have fun challenging activities for all ages and fitness levels.”
For more information, visit www.romeNYkarate.com.
- 9:00am 07/23/17Growing garden lilies can provide color, fragrant blossoms
- 9:00am 07/23/17Honor America Days set to honor city’s rich history
- 9:00am 07/23/17Honor America Days schedule features host of special events
- 9:00am 07/23/17Local entertainers reminisce with celebration of former JJ’s night club
- 9:00am 07/23/17House tour to highlight cob and timber construction method