Seven things to do in the Rome region this week
1. The United States Air Force Heritage of America Concert Band performs at The Stanley in Utica on Monday, Nov. 12 at 6 p.m. Free. The concert band is comprised of over 40 professional Airman-musicians who captivate audiences with a variety of renditions of great orchestral classics, marches, Broadway hits, jazz standards, movie music and patriotic favorites. Call 315-724-4000, visit TheStanley.org
2. Rockstar Bob Dylan performs at The Stanley at 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15. Tickets $59.50 to $99.50. With a catalogue of over 50 albums, Dylan has sold more than 100 million records globally, received 11 Grammy Awards, an Academy Award for “Things Have Changed,” and has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Call 315-724-4000, visit Ticketmaster.com.
3. The Utica AUD hosts Comets Hockey Friday, Nov. 16, 7 p.m. Tickets $20- $32. Comets vs Syracuse Crunch. Call 315-738-0164, visit www.theuticaaud.com
4. RACC’s Holiday House continues Friday-Sunday, and Nov. 16-18, noon- 6 p.m. Admission is $3. Hours are Fridays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sundays from noon to 4 p.m. There will be a special Ladies Night on Thursday, Nov. 15, from 6 to 9 p.m. A $10 ticket includes a complimentary glass of wine, hors d’oeuvres, and chocolates. Call 315-336-1040.
5. Unity Hall, Barneveld, hosts Skip Murphy and The Merry Pranksters Friday, Nov. 16, 8 p.m. Admission $12, $10 members. Mike Powell opens the evening. Skip Murphy’s versatile harmonica playing has earned him a prestigious place in the Syracuse Area Music Award’s (SAMMY) Hall of Fame for his contribution to the area’s live music scene. Call 315-520-8231, visit www.unityhall.com.
6. Cinema Capitol screens “The Guilty” (R) Friday and Saturday, 4:15 and 7:15 p.m. Tickets are $7 and $5 for members, students. Alarm dispatcher and former police officer, Asger Holm, answers an emergency call from a kidnapped woman. When the call is suddenly disconnected, the search for the woman and her kidnapper begins. Call 315-337-6453, visit www.romecapitol.com.
7. Christmas on Main Street Saturday, Nov. 17, at Union Station, Utica, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Free event includes live entertainment; coco, popcorn and cookies; wagon rides, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.; Christmas Craft Fair at county farmers market; photos with Santa, 12:30-4:30 p.m.; and tree lighting at 5 p.m. followed by fireworks.
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 9:00am 11/11/18Rome company wins praise for role in labor-saving landscaping device
- 9:00am 11/11/18Urgent care opens in downtown location
- 9:00am 11/11/18Oneida DAR honors deceased members with markers, flags
- 9:00am 11/11/18Ruth Bader Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass