Seven things to do in the Rome region this week
1. The B Sharp Music Club will present a free concert at 3 p.m. on Sunday at the Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute, 310 Genesee St. The performers are Peter J. Costianes (bass/baritone), Linda LoRusso (alto vocals), Michael DiMeo (trumpet) and Sar-Shalom Strong (piano). For more information, go online to www.bsharpcny.org.
2. The Lee Legion Auxiliary Post 1794 will host a Valentine’s Day dinner on Sunday from 4-7 p.m. Enjoy all you can eat spaghetti, choice of meatballs or sausage, salad, bread, dessert and a glass of wine for those over age 21. Cost is $8, $5 for ages 5-10. Children under 5 eat for free. Take-outs will be available.
3. Ava Dorfman Senior Center, 305 E. Locust St., will present the “Never Trust a Skinny Chef Fine Dining Night,” from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday collaborating with DiCastro’s Brick Oven restaurant. The menu includes four courses, and dinner is served as it is made on stage. Tickets are $25, $20 for members. Seating is limited. To make a reservation, call the senior center at 315-337-8230.
4. Drive-through ashing on Ash Wednesday will be offered from 7-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. at Delta United Methodist Church, 6285 Hawkins Corners Road in Lee, and 7-9 a.m. at Verona United Methodist Church, 5694 E Main St. In addition, an Ash Wednesday worship service will be offered at 7 p.m. at the Verona church, said Pastor Patricia Hubman, who also is pastor of the Delta church.
5. Unity Hall, 101 Vanderkemp Ave., Barneveld, is inviting couples and singles to enjoy a cozy evening of food and music by the fireplace on Valentine’s Day, Wednesday. The evening will begin with a signature cocktail at 6:30 p.m., followed by a main course dinner with wine at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person and reservations are required. For tickets and further information, text or call 315- 520-8231 or visit at www.unityhall.com and Facebook/HistoricUnityHall.
6. The next Lunch & Learn series at Ava Dorfman Senior Center, 305 E. Locust St., will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday. Bruce and Gretchen Mero will do a presentation on wild flowers of the area. Cost is $6 or $5 for members. There is an additional $1 cost for those who register after Monday The menu will include baked ziti, salad, roll, dessert, coffee and tea. Reservations should be made by Monday by calling the center at 315-337-8230.
7. The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., Oneida, is hosting a free concert with the BeatleCuse All-Stars Friday at 8 p.m. The concession stand will be open. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- 9:00am 05/20/18Isle of Dogs is kind-hearted tale
- 9:00am 05/20/18Local man receives induction into State Senate Veterans Hall of Fame
- 9:00am 05/20/18Denti students on field for National Anthem in Syracuse
- 9:00am 05/20/18Fly-thru service
- 9:00am 05/20/18More awards for Turning Stone