Seven things to do in the Rome region this week
1. Stanwix Heights Volunteer Fire Department, 6580 Bartlett Road, will host a ham dinner on Sunday, starting at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $12, $6 for children ages 5-12, under 5 eat free. The menu includes ham, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, applesauce, cole slaw, rolls, beverages, and dessert. Take outs are available. For more information call 315-337-7310.
2. Santa Claus will tour the City of Sherrill Sunday during the late afternoon and will arrive at the Sherrill Community Activity Center, 139 E. Hamilton Ave. at 7 p.m. Residents are invited to stop by, visit with Santa and enjoy some cookies.
3. Jody Roos and Terri Judycki will return to the Didymus Thomas Library on Main Street for their annual holiday readings at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday. They will again read some classic winter tales amongst some of their favorite Christmas stories. Everyone of all ages is invited. There will be an opportunity to win a Barnes and Noble gift certificate or a favorite book.
4. The Greater Oneida Chamber of Commerce will host their “Annual Chamber Cheer Holiday After Hours” event at Hipstir Café, 125 Farrier Ave., Oneida on Thursday from 5-7 p.m. Cost is $25 and $20 for members, employees and spouses. RSVP by Monday to 315-363-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Join an evening of fun, networking and celebration.
5. Rome Community Theater on Upper Turin Road will present the historical, fast-paced “Radium Girls” starting Thursday. “Radium Girls” will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Thursday; 7:30 p.m. Friday; 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10. Tickets are $15, $10 for ages 18 and under. Tickets for this production are on sale at www.Romecommunitytheater.org.
6. CNY Drones is hosting Tiny Whoop Friday Night Flights from 8:30 to11 p.m. Friday at the Jewish Community Center, 2310 Oneida St., Utica. Tiny Whoop drone owners and those age 11 and older interested learning more about indoor flying are invited. The event will include MultiGP races for those sign up through the CNY Drones Chapter at www.MultiGP.com. Admission is based on participation, ranging from $5 for spectators to $30 for flying non-AMA members. Pizza and snacks are included.
7. Oneida High School, 560 Seneca St., Oneida, will host the Boys and Girls Choir of Harlem Alumni Ensemble Saturday at 7:30 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Admission is $30 and tickets may repurchased at the Oneida YMCA, 701 Seneca St., or online at operations.daxko.com. The Oneida YMCA may be reached at 315- 363-7788. Proceeds will benefit the YMCA’s Changes Lives Financial Assistance Program.