Seven things to do in the Rome region this week
1. The Town of Verona Historical Association will meet on Sunday at 2 p.m. at 6600 Germany Road, Verona. The program will be presented by William Grey who will speak on Griffiss Air Force Base History. The public is invited to attend, organizers added.
2. The Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main St., Oneida, will host the Musicians for Shriners Benefit Concert Sunday from noon until 6 p.m. Tickets are $5 and children under 12 years old will be admitted for free. The event will include performances by Classified, Showtime, the Paul Case Band and the Mossback Mule Band.
3. In its continuing efforts to divert waste from the landfill and to encourage sustainable thinking, on Wednesday, Jervis Public Library will host its semi-annual Recycling Day in the library parking lot between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. That means you have three days to collect items to be recycled — including many that can’t be put out with recyclables at the curb. For more information call the library at 315-336-4570 or stop by the Information Desk.
4. An Ancestor Day will be offered in the Town of Croghan Historian’s Office, 9882 State Route 126, Beaver Falls, Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to noon. The town of Croghan Historians office will be open to help with you with your research needs. There will be lessons on how to find your roots in the Township of Croghan. Did your ancestors own a business, live or work here? Bring your computer if you have it and a list of ancestors you want to know more about. If you don’t have a computer that’s OK. For more information call The Town of Croghan Historian at 315-346-1212 extension 4. This is the second of three Ancestor Day events.
5. A Garage and Household Sale will be held Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Verona First Presbyterian Church, corner of Main Street and Rock Road. Featuring an assortment of gently used household items, including books, jewelry, bedding and kitchen items. Lunch of homemade soup and chili will be served. “Come early for the best selection!,” church officials suggested.
6. St. John’s Church at 135 Main St. in Whitesboro will host a Prize Auction on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Prizes have been donated by local businesses as well as other donations. There will also be silent auctions and raffles. Food is available. You do not need to be present to win.
7. Trinity Community Coffee House, 98 Main St., Camden, concludes its Spring 2017 season with a performance by the Moss Back Mule Band on Saturday night at 7. Instead of an admission fee, there will be an offering for the performers only. Refreshments will also be served. For information, call 315-245-1987 or check events listed on Facebook or local cable access channel 99.
- 6:00am 11/17/17Seven things to do in the Rome region this week
- 9:00am 11/12/17Star of ‘Long Island Medium’ to share ‘healing’ gift in Stanley Theater show
- 9:00am 11/12/17Checking out Main Street
- 9:00am 11/12/17Stormy weather on Oneida Lake
- 9:00am 11/12/17Rome Twigs hold meeting, luncheon