Rome Twigs hold meeting, luncheon
The Rome Twigs held their annual fall meeting and luncheon at the Teugega Country Club on Oct. 24.
More than 80 Twigs members and Rome Memorial Hospital guests attended the meeting to discuss organization business, according to Twigs officials. The Twigs donated $52,141 to the hospital this year for the purchase of new equipment.
Director of Pharmacy Scott Burns was guest speaker at the luncheon. Officials said Burns spoke about the importance of individual destiny, as well as the need for everyone to carry a medicine list on their person, in case there is an emergency and they are unable to verbally inform rescue personnel about their medications.
Burns also warned about the overuse of narcotics.
Committee reports were also given by the Gift Shop, Tree of Lights and Memorial Committee, officials said.
- 9:00am 09/23/18New show a feast for palate, spirit
- 9:00am 09/23/18‘The Predator’ fails to live up to its storied cinematic past
- 9:00am 09/23/18Want to spice up your garden? Try planting garlic
- 9:00am 09/23/18Sweet and affectionate Dooly not ready to slow down
- 9:00am 09/23/18Celebrate ‘National Public Lands Day’ at Rogers Center