Rome Twigs hold meeting, luncheon
The Rome Twigs held their annual fall meeting and luncheon at the Teugega Country Club on Oct. 24.
More than 80 Twigs members and Rome Memorial Hospital guests attended the meeting to discuss organization business, according to Twigs officials. The Twigs donated $52,141 to the hospital this year for the purchase of new equipment.
Director of Pharmacy Scott Burns was guest speaker at the luncheon. Officials said Burns spoke about the importance of individual destiny, as well as the need for everyone to carry a medicine list on their person, in case there is an emergency and they are unable to verbally inform rescue personnel about their medications.
Burns also warned about the overuse of narcotics.
Committee reports were also given by the Gift Shop, Tree of Lights and Memorial Committee, officials said.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 9:00am 06/17/18Ocean’s 8 fails to cash in
- 9:00am 06/17/18Tom Barry is a local legend as coach, administrator and athlete
- 9:00am 06/17/18Handsome Nacho seeks new casa, familia to call his own
- 9:00am 06/17/18Event to honor local legend Gene Kotary Memorial Race gets green flag July 1 at Utica-Rome Speedway