Rome Squirt White team captures Snowbelt Hockey League JAM
The Rome Youth Hockey Association hosted the Snowbelt Hockey League JAM Tournament for both the Squirt and Bantam Divisions on March 10-12, with the Rome Squirt White team capturing the championship for the annual Snowbelt Hockey League Playoffs.
En route to the championship, the Rome Squirts tied Center State 1-1 on Friday, edging Elmira, 4-3, and Auburn, 2-1, on Saturday. They punched their championship win with another 2-1 decision over Auburn on Sunday.
In the tie on Friday, Eric Keown scored the lone goal and was assisted by PJ Summa. In the 4-3 victory over Elmira, Nicholas Toth-Ratazzi and Grady Depasquale each tallied two goals while Summa, Ethan Pogozelski and Jakob Mazur dished out helpers.
In the first bout with Auburn, Luke Haag scored an unassisted tally and Dante Fredericks scored the game-winner off a feed from Toth-Ratazzi. In the championship game against Auburn, Summa tallied both goals, one unassisted and one assisted by Toth-Ratazzi. The team is led by head coach Mark Keown, assistant coach Neil Pogozelski and assistant coach Scott Brement.
- 9:00am 05/21/17Boater safety course offered June 3 at Lock 20 in Marcy
- 9:00am 05/21/17Oneida Castle to honor vets
- 9:00am 05/21/17Bailey's Karate School's Black Belt Spectacular
- 9:00am 05/21/17Memorial Day travel expected to surge
- 9:00am 05/21/17Say hello to Harley, an active dalmation looking for a home