Rome Squirt White team captures Snowbelt Hockey League JAM
The Rome Youth Hockey Association hosted the Snowbelt Hockey League JAM Tournament for both the Squirt and Bantam Divisions on March 10-12, with the Rome Squirt White team capturing the championship for the annual Snowbelt Hockey League Playoffs.
En route to the championship, the Rome Squirts tied Center State 1-1 on Friday, edging Elmira, 4-3, and Auburn, 2-1, on Saturday. They punched their championship win with another 2-1 decision over Auburn on Sunday.
In the tie on Friday, Eric Keown scored the lone goal and was assisted by PJ Summa. In the 4-3 victory over Elmira, Nicholas Toth-Ratazzi and Grady Depasquale each tallied two goals while Summa, Ethan Pogozelski and Jakob Mazur dished out helpers.
In the first bout with Auburn, Luke Haag scored an unassisted tally and Dante Fredericks scored the game-winner off a feed from Toth-Ratazzi. In the championship game against Auburn, Summa tallied both goals, one unassisted and one assisted by Toth-Ratazzi. The team is led by head coach Mark Keown, assistant coach Neil Pogozelski and assistant coach Scott Brement.
- 6:00am 11/17/17Seven things to do in the Rome region this week
- 9:00am 11/12/17Star of ‘Long Island Medium’ to share ‘healing’ gift in Stanley Theater show
- 9:00am 11/12/17Checking out Main Street
- 9:00am 11/12/17Stormy weather on Oneida Lake
- 9:00am 11/12/17Rome Twigs hold meeting, luncheon