Rome Squirt White team captures Snowbelt Hockey League JAM
The Rome Youth Hockey Association hosted the Snowbelt Hockey League JAM Tournament for both the Squirt and Bantam Divisions on March 10-12, with the Rome Squirt White team capturing the championship for the annual Snowbelt Hockey League Playoffs.
En route to the championship, the Rome Squirts tied Center State 1-1 on Friday, edging Elmira, 4-3, and Auburn, 2-1, on Saturday. They punched their championship win with another 2-1 decision over Auburn on Sunday.
In the tie on Friday, Eric Keown scored the lone goal and was assisted by PJ Summa. In the 4-3 victory over Elmira, Nicholas Toth-Ratazzi and Grady Depasquale each tallied two goals while Summa, Ethan Pogozelski and Jakob Mazur dished out helpers.
In the first bout with Auburn, Luke Haag scored an unassisted tally and Dante Fredericks scored the game-winner off a feed from Toth-Ratazzi. In the championship game against Auburn, Summa tallied both goals, one unassisted and one assisted by Toth-Ratazzi. The team is led by head coach Mark Keown, assistant coach Neil Pogozelski and assistant coach Scott Brement.
- 9:00am 07/23/17Growing garden lilies can provide color, fragrant blossoms
- 9:00am 07/23/17Honor America Days set to honor city’s rich history
- 9:00am 07/23/17Honor America Days schedule features host of special events
- 9:00am 07/23/17Local entertainers reminisce with celebration of former JJ’s night club
- 9:00am 07/23/17House tour to highlight cob and timber construction method